Andreas is a musician and artist currently residing in Montreal, Quebec. He grew up in Bronxville, New York, and began taking piano lessons at the age of 8. He played saxophone in his high school band. At age 11 his mother bought him a guitar from an antique shop and he became instantly enamored with it, quickly learning the guitar licks of greats from the 60s and 70s like Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page and Duane Allman. Soon after he started playing in bands around Westchester and NYC and began writing his own original compositions.
Andreas enjoys playing many different styles of music including rock, jazz, classical and electronic music. Over the years he has played in a number of acts including the indie-rock act The Bad Sleep Well, the hip-hop act The Apostles and the art-rock band Icenine. Currently he writes and records an eclectic mix of rock, funk, jazz and blues with his act The Ever After. He also creates ambient downtempo electronic music as The Resident Alien. As a solo artist he enjoys writing classically themed folk-fingerstyle music on his classical guitar. His influences include Van Morrison, Wes Montgomery, Cat Stevens, Radiohead, Django Reinhardt, The Grateful Dead, Baden Powell, Charlie Parker, Aphex Twin and many more.
While largely self taught, Andreas has enjoyed studying with a number of great guitar teachers over the years including Nick Ditamasso, Marvin Horne, Paul Millette and Matt Baxter. He also studied Music Technology at McGill University in Montreal where he became well acquainted with the technical side of recording and producing music.
- Shows all over North America at prestigious venues such as Webster Hall in NYC, Sala Rossa in Montreal, El Mocombo in Toronto and El Rio in San Francisco.
- Performed with great artists like Becca Stevens, Marcelo Berestovoy and Fats Kaplan
- Featured artist at the YES Montreal Art Expo in 2015 at Theatre St James
- Has written or collaborated on 3 albums and 2 EPs including Icenine Tread EP (2003), The Bad Sleep Well Greenpoint (2007), The Ever After Oh Dear! (2009), The Ever After Take One EP (2013) and The Resident Alien The Only Constant Is Change (2016)
- In March 2019 Andreas received the John Pooler Family grant to attend the Banff Center of Arts Singer/Songwriter residency where he had the opportunity to compose new material under the supervision of Nashville hit writers Kevin Welch and Kim Richey. On the same trip Andreas got the chance to record two of his compositions « Let Me In » and « When You’re Gone » with esteemed producer Howard Bilerman at the Telus Studios in Banff.
With “Eh voilà!”, released in May 2019, Andreas (and the Ever After) exposes his love for many different styles of music: rock, country, reggae, jazz… as if to confirm his talent across multiple genres and languages.
Andreas is currently working on new music in his studio in Montreal, where he also records and produces solo artists and bands. When not focusing on music, Andreas is most likely either just getting up or just getting down.